Thursday, September 18, 2008

La vie commence...

Alright, so I've been here for just a little over a week. Québec City - a whole new world. It's like being in a completely different country. I swear, I knew it'd be different, I mean, I've been here before...but I never expected to wake up every morning and see how awesome this place really is! Between the old architecture (we're talking one of the oldest cities in North America) and the overwhelming kindness I've experienced from Québecois(e) alike, it's hard to say whether I'll ever want to leave! I've yet to find a job, but I've finally fully translated my résumé into French - and what a task that was. Regardless, I've been keeping myself occupied and trying to get back into "French-mode" so that I can better fit in! I've encountered very few people in a metropolitan area of 715, 000 inhabitants speak English well, so it really will be an immersion and learning experience. Tomorrow I might be heading to Montréal with a friend for the weekend. We'll see if those plans turn out. I'm thinking about keeping a blog about my experience here in this beautiful province; let me know if you'd read it!

Cheers,

Patrick

No comments: