Saturday, October 4, 2008

It's all coming together now...or is it?

I've finally got a job in Vieux-Québec (old Québec for all you anglos out there). It's a really touristy part of the city, so being bilingual (or multilingual) is an asset to say the least. I'm working at a boutique selling high-end fashion clothing for people who want to spend $300+ on a dress-shirt. Just yesterday I sold a scarf for $200. A scarf. Man, I wish I had cash like that to burn! The only problem with this job, is it's only two days a week, and I'm going to need more work than that to pay for an apartment and make ends meet. I have an interview at a classy hotel in the same area of Québec in two hours. Already sitting here in my shirt & tie. Wish me luck...

As far as finding an apartment goes, it's been ever so difficult. I don't know if I'm too difficult or if Québec is just filled with shacks. I visited a place yesterday in St-Roch (a place that I was told has an area where rich kids going to school like to reside...) and needless to say, it was a hole. I was stopped 3 times by "mental-homeless" (referencing Karl Pilkington for all you Ricky Gervais fans out there) on my journey to the lovely dwelling which smelt of rotting flesh and cat urine. You get what you pay for I guess. I've contacted a few others in nicer parts of town where rents are much higher, but I assume you don't have to deal with as much $#*%.

Well, now that I'm in a negative mood, I may as well head off to this interview. I think my gracious roomate is begining to miss her privacy and wants me out too. Can't blame her - it's been 3 weeks now since I arrived. Well, the search contines...this weekend better be promising. I'm out.

PS.

Forgot to mention, I have another interview on Monday. Oh, and HMV called me yesterday whilst I was at work. This guy here is a job-magnet. Who knew? Wish me luck.

No comments: